Sunday, June 6, 2010

Tessa


People around the world like in Kenya have to walk miles- at least one hour just to get half a bucket of filthy water from a dry hot bed of sand and they have to dig for ages until the soft sand gets faintly damp and they half fill their bucket with the horrible water. Sometimes they die because wild animals pollute their water and there are diseases from animal poop -YUCK! They also get water from wells made of mud and clay.

When we flush our toilet the waste travels through some pipes called the underground sewers and then the flowing water swarms into the waste water treatment plant and gets filtered.

I learnt that we have to be responsible for our special water supply because 85 percent of the earth is covered with water but only 1 percent is drinkable. So we have to help by having short showers and turning off the tap when you are brushing your teeth.

I was an inquirer because I researched a lot and as best I could by using computer links and books and I tried to get interesting information.
I was responsible because I wrote in my explanation what I had found out and what I understood.
My group and I were reflective because we stopped and checked our explanation.

I feel terrible and sorry because we have so much crystal clean water and we have been wasting it and poor countries like in Kenya have hardly any, and their part is extremely horrible.
I take care of my share of stupendous water now by flushing the toilet once, turning off the tap when I’m brushing my diamond white teeth and making sure I have a short shower.
I fully appreciate our water supply because our water is clear silvery-blue and safe to drink.

By Super Tessa

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tessa

    Great to see your writing.

    Mr Thompson
    In Moscow

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis