Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hello Teaching Friends...2 Step-by-step Art Units

Here in New Zealand we have been enjoying a wonderfully relaxing and hot Summer vacation. I have taken a break from all things 'School' til we had our team planning meeting yesterday. This does seem early as we only start back with Staff Days on the 30th but my new team this year is awesomely talented. One of our members will lead 2 international conferences for IBO before we go back this term, so we thought we would get a jump on things early. The other member is an eLearning guru and our school's ICT leader. Lucky me I say :)

At the end of last year I had to make a classroom move to the senior block as an opportunity came along to shift from teaching Year 4 (9yr olds) to teaching Year 6 (11yr olds). Daunting at first as this meant an over haul of my teaching materials to suit the older kiddies, but I knew it was an opportunity to create lots of lovely new resources to share with my teacher friends.

I will keep you updated as I go :) For now I would like to share 2 art resources that I posted to TpT today. They are both published as books here in New Zealand with CD's to allow for digital sharing with your class of the steps as you go. They are available as books here at HelpMeLearn or you can download the digital file instantly, direct from TpT here and here for less than half price (now that's a bargain!).


1) Dragonfly Dreams
This is a unit I first created with 7 yr olds and WOW! I think you'll agree - what a great job they did.































 
 












































2) Maori Cultural Panels
This unit was born out of a unit I taught about New Zealand's First People - The Maori, to 10 yr olds. There was very little teaching resource available around on this topic for English medium schools at that time, so I compiled it into an art unit that has proven very popular here in New Zealand, selling many, many copies.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis