Friday, January 18, 2013

The Learner Profiles

Hi everyone,

With the start of the new year approaching, I have been thinking about and compiling 'Start of the Year' activities that formulate how the classroom will work cohesively.

At the start of each year we revisit all ten Learner Profiles (I teach at an International School that follows the curriculum framework laid out by the IBO). These are then incorporated into all our units, as well as our classroom behaviour contract.

This time I created a Mix & Match activity around the Profiles for a group activity. Just download from TpT for FREE, print, laminate and cut. Students then attempt to match the pairs in teams. This really forces them to read the definition of each profile and this can lead to good discussions.


I printed 6 sets for my class (1 per group) and used colour markers on the corners of the boxes before laminating and cutting. This will make it easier to sort out if the sets ever get muddled up.


I also came across some cute posters created by Andrea Knight for juniors, that inspired this 'Parts of a Learner' poster. This poster is aimed at classrooms from Y4 - High School. I integrated the essence of the Learner Profiles so that students could see how these related to their daily lives. It can be found in the same product mentioned above.

I would love for you to leave a comment below about these resources :)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis