Friday, March 1, 2013

I Like Myself Art / Writing / Speaking Unit

Hello friends,

Over the past few weeks we have looked at some useful Model Texts to launch our student responses to text (part of our CRAFT reading centre). I blogged previously about our RACK challenge , motivated by Bob Graham's How to Heal a Broken Wing. The hearts are coming along nicely. Even though we didn't reach 100 hearts in 2 weeks, we still managed 51! recorded RACKs and many more that went unrecorded. The students asked to have a week extension on the deadline as they felt that they would really like to meet the challenge. I have another activity that I would like them to go on with after this one, so will keep you updated as that unfolds.

video
Our self portraits turned out great and we shared them to our school assembly this week. 4 lovely kiddies recorded their writing for the soundtrack as the class set of portraits rolled in a slideshow.

I used the Voice Memos app on my iPhone to record them, which I then emailed to my school address and dragged to edited in Garageband. Then I exported the track to my iTunes. Once I created the slideshow in iPhoto, I could simply select the track from my iTunes and exported this as a Quicktime.

A HUGE and heartfelt THANK YOU to the following for the inspiration. The Harold Caravan, I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont, and Kathy Barbro of Art Projects for Kids.

Here are a few close-ups. Of particular interest is the detail that students  put into decorating their names.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis