Saturday, August 3, 2013

If students designed their own schools...

Hello friends,
I wish my daughters could have this kind of opportunity at their college. Both are independent and very motivated learners and would so benefit from this risk taking approach. As both a teacher and a mum of 2 teenagers, I have truly had to adapt my thinking around what subjects my girls should study for future employment opportunities.
After a lot of soul searching (and also because my first born is incredibly headstrong and knows her own mind) we  support them in following their passions. The result has been total focus on their school subjects and excellent academic results. My eldest is turning into quite a talented artist. She has just earned a commission from American singer Andrew MacMahon formerly of Jacks Mannequin  
Our youngest is fascinated by media and film. Here is to a colour future :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis